YOU WILL NEED 1 chicken carcass 1 onion, chopped 1 carrot, chopped 3 sticks celery A few parsley stalks Sprig of thyme A few peppercorns
1. Chuck all your ingredients into a pot, so that they fit snugly.
2. Cover with cold water, and slowly bring to a boil.
3. Reduce to a bare simmer, uncovered. Skim off any impurities or fat that bubbles to the surface.
4. Strain and refrigerate overnight.
5. The next day, remove the layer of fat that will have formed on the top.
6. Heat up and you have a delicious chicken stock, perfect for soups and making risotto.